Thursday, February 11, 2010

The Grandfather Oak


There is this magnificent HUGE oak tree about a mile from our apartment. I didn't even know it existed until late summer so didn't show it to any of the family who came to visit...and I feel bad about that because it is so beautiful. It is about 17-18 feet around at the bottom of the truck and the limbs stretch out so far, just like big arms. I feel like it could almost come alive and wrap you in its arms and talk to you. Sister Hein, who showed it to me told me to visit it in every season so that is what I have tried to do. Here are some of those pictures.

These first two were taken in late August.

These two were taken in October, after the leaves had fallen.
h
And here is how it looked today in February with the temperature 7 degrees !
Now I will be anxious to see it in the spring.Posted by Picasa

1 comment:

Bob and Joan said...

Just imagine the history that has passed under those branches!