Tuesday, February 23, 2010

A Winter Wonderland Walk

We took our usual walk today up in the park and then while Rick walks back down and up the hill again, I usual go into the woods. This is the path that I have photographed many times before in all different seasons, because every season has it's own beauty, but today it was unbelievable. The big snow storm we had on Sunday was still covering every branch and twig, I guess because it has been too cold to melt and because we have not had any winds. Anyway it was so gorgeous, I could hardly breathe....AND FOR THE FIRST TIME IN MONTHS, I DID NOT HAVE MY CAMERA! I was sick!! There had been no one in the woods...not even very many animal tracks and the snow was just sparkling like diamonds. At every turn it was more and more beautiful and took my breath away. It was hard walking through the deep snow, so by the time I made it back to our apartment it was almost time to leave for the Temple...but I HAD to go back and get a few pictures. So I grabbed my camera and hurried back up there in the car. I ran back into the woods just far enough to take a few pictures. They don't do it justice...pictures NEVER do...but at least it will bring back to my memory this glorious experience.











Posted by Picasa

1 comment:

Bob and Joan said...

Magical! How long can you stay out in this wonderland before you have to head back to your cozy house?