Friday, May 28, 2010

A Bicycle Ride


Decided to take a long bicycle ride the other day on the bike the Eickbushes gave me. I rode north of old Nauvoo along the river road clear to the end and back. I was mighty tired by the time I finally got home and my legs hurt the next day, but it was fun and a beautiful ride. You see a lot more of the world when you are on a bike as opposed to just being in a car.
The sky was so beautiful...the sun was coming through the clouds and making rays of sunlight
Brother and Sister Tufuaku's round house. They are building it themselves. I told you about them. They both work in the Temple. He is Tongan, and is in remission from cancer. She makes and plays harps and other musical instruments, and they both sing. They raised 14 children!   Here is her blog if you want to read about them and their amazing house.  http://irenetukuafu.blogspot.com/  


Tomasi and Irene Tufuaku

A beautiful lake front home that I passed by.
Posted by Picasa
Plowing up the corn field to get ready to plant again...probably soybeans this year, since they rotate those two crops a lot.

These beautiful flowers were just growing by the roadside!


By the time, I got back the sun was close to going down.  It was a wonderful afternoon.

2 comments:

Emily said...

That sounds like so much fun, I wish I could be there and ride bicycles with you!

Marilyn said...

I can't believe you went so far. You are amazing.