Sunday, December 27, 2009

Joseph Smith's birthday December 23rd

I decided to walk down to the Smith Cemetery on the Prophet's birthday. We had had a couple of days of rain, so the snow was all melted. It was so peaceful and I didn't see a single other person. I spent quite a while just sitting on this bench looking out over the Mississippi and thinking about Joseph and Emma and all the trials they had to endure. Made me realize I should NEVER complain about my little problems. WE ARE VERY BLESSED!! I am so very grateful to the prophet Joseph for all he endured to restore this Gospel upon the earth so that we can now be blessed with it's message, and it's saving ordinances!
Someone from the Joseph Smith Sr. and Lucy Mack Smith family had put this wreath by the graves of Joseph, Emma and Hyrum, in honor of Joseph's birthday.

Looking back from the cemetery past the old homestead and across the street to the Mansion House. I am so grateful that these landmarks were preserved all these years, and that we are here to walk these streets and drink in the spirit that is here. It is truly amazing!
Posted by Picasa

No comments: