Thursday, May 21, 2009

Goslings !!

There are so many geese around Nauvoo, it is really fun to see them flying and honking. They are very vocal :) We had heard a week or so ago that the babies had hatched, but I hadn't seen any. Then yesterday on my walk I saw a little family come out of the bushes really close to me. I was so excited. The mom also goes first, then the babies and the dad in the rear. It is really cute. Anyway, I hurried and got my camera out and took this picture. Then as I moved closer to take another one, out of the bushes came about 4-5 more familes!! I tried to get some pictures, but they were soon in the water and headed over to the other side of this little pond. Click on the pictures to see them bigger. It is so neat to see how protective they are of their family. Some had 3, some 4-5, and one family was huge...like 8-9!!! Reminded me of us :) Not many of males in the animal kingdom stay around like that. I thought it was interesting, and very touching.








Aren't they cute!



Here comes all the other families!!



Here is the family of 5 and the one of 8-9!
Families, Families, and more families!

Posted by Picasa

No comments: